Sales Associate - Full-Time(Cedar Point, NC)
We at Neuse Sport Shop are looking for a full-time sales associate.
This person should be passionate about the outdoors, be eager to help
customers, and ready to learn the business.
Scope of Position:
Assist Neuse Sport Shop customers in finding and purchasing hunting and fishing merchandise. Also, assist coworkers in maintaining and operating the day to day task for retail sales of merchandise.
Duties of a Full-Time Sales Associate:
- Assist customers in a friendly, courteous, and conscientious manner.
- Become knowledgeable in hunting, fishing, boating, and camping merchandise.
- Be able to operate computers and computerized cash machines. Also be able to count change if machines fail.
- Stock shelves with merchandise and check in vendor deliveries as necessary.
- Install fishing line on reels.
- Install scopes on rifles.
- Assist customers with returns, exchanges and create special orders for customers.
- Perform firearm background checks.
- Issue hunting/fishing license and boat registrations; knowledgeable of regulations and citations for fish and wildlife.
- Become knowledgeable of NC Educational Lottery in order to sell and validate tickets. Also provide end of daily reports on ticket sales and winnings.
- Perform credit checks for customers to receive financing on purchases.
- Manage freshwater aquarium.
- Conduct fish feeding demonstrations for the aquarium.
- Maintain live bait facilities.
- Assist Shift Supervisor with opening and closing of the store.
- Provide leadership and training for new employees and part time staff.
- Knowledgeable of Meridian phone system, answer phone, transfer calls, page, and take messages.
- Perform cash register closeouts at the end of each shift.
Requirements for a Full-Time Sales Associate:
- Pleasant attitude.
- Good basic math skills.
- Multi task skills
- Basic computer skills.
- Mechanically inclined.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment background and drug test.
- Must be able to pass the FBI firearm certification.
- Must pass firearm safety class or have taken the class.
Perference Skills for a Full-Time Sales Associate:
- Hunting and fishing knowledge.
- Customer service or sales experience of 5 plus years.
- Associates degree in business or similar studies.
- Warehouse or merchandising experience.
Requirements for a Full-Time Sales Associate:This is a full-time employment position. It requires the individual to be able to work at any time during a 7-day week. The individual must be able to work rotational shifts of 7 am to 2 pm or 1 pm to 10 pm. Also, the individual must be able to be scheduled for work on December 26 of each year for the largest sale of the year. Individual must be able to lift 50 pounds plus. The individual may be asked to perform other duties as needed for the operation of Neuse Sport Shop.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Neuse Sport Shop complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all person regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.