Buyer, Home Décor - (Kinston, NC)
We at Neuse Sport Shop are looking for a Buyer within our Home Décor.
SEND RESUME or APPLICATION to Kevin Herrington firstname.lastname@example.org
Scope of Position:
Purchase home décor merchandise. Manage the merchandising of a Specialty Shop of home décor products. Provide impeccable customer service and product knowledge. Merchandise Home Décor’ department product. Build displays and set promotional material to increase sales.
Purchase home décor, gift and specialty items.
- Maintain excellent working relationships with VP of buying.
- Travel to buying shows with overnight stay required. (Fort Worth, Atlanta, Las Vegas, Salt Lake City, Greenville, SC., New York)
- Creating purchase orders with cost, retails, and terms of payment, freight, cancellation and ship dates.
- Maintain acceptable product level for customer satisfaction.
- Candidate must express a since or style when decorating.
- Maintain perpetual inventories.
- Achieve gross margins and maintain an open to buy.
- Assist in merchandising products to maximize sales and profits.
- Buyer will report directly to the VP of the company.
- Candidate must be willing to work as a Trainee/Apprentice for up to 2 years.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- Ability to complete basic mathematical equations
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Be professional in appearance and attitude, contribute to a positive team atmosphere and treat others with respect and consideration while following Neuse Sport Shop policies and procedures
- With or without accommodations, be able to sit, and/or stand, for extended periods of time
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and competent with a variety of computer programs and hardware including Excel and Winward.
- Associate degree or equivalent experience.
- Familiar with Email, MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and general PC operations.
- Willing to learn Point of Sale system.
- Must be willing to sign a “ Do not compete agreement”.
- Previous work references.
- Criminal Background report must be clear.
- Must be willing to complete a pre-employment and random post employment drug screening.
Education and Experience:Ideal candidate will have a minimum of an Associate Degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Schedule:Must be flexible to work assigned schedule between 7a.m. and 10 p.m., Monday through Sunday. Sunday. Schedule may include varied hours, days, evenings, weekends, and holidays. Average hours are 40 hours per week.
Neuse Sport Shop offers a complete benefit package to include:
- Competitive Health Care Coverage
- Associate Discount
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday Pay
- Retirement (SIMPLE IRA) plan
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Neuse Sport Shop complies fully with all local, state and federal employment laws and shall provide equal employment and advancement opportunities for all person regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, the presence of any mental or physical disability, status with regard to public assistance or marriage, or any other category protected by local, state or federal law.